Neutral Henna is completely colorless and is perfect for anyone looking to add shine and definition to their hair. Neutral Henna will bring out the natural brilliance of your hair color by conditioning deeply and treating the hair follicle. The neutral henna is also a fantastic curl elongater for people looking for more definition and length. Please note that this can have a slight drying effect on hair that is already prone to drying or greys.
Neutral Henna (also known as Cassia obovata, Cassia, or Senna) is used strictly for the conditioning
benefits of henna, minus the coloration. However, if you leave it in longer than directed or use
other ingredients, Neutral Henna might leave a subtle yellow tint. To best avoid this, explicitly
follow the instructions below. Dyeing your hair with chemicals after using Neutral Henna might
yield unpredictable results if you do not wait 6-8 weeks after a Neutral Henna treatment. This is
because Neutral Henna makes your hair less porous and less susceptible to dyes.
1. Mixing Bowls (wooden or glass preferable).
2. Mixing Spoon (wooden preferable)
3. Measuring Spoon/Cup
4. Gloves (vinyl/rubber)
5. Plastic Wrap -OR- Plastic Shower Cap
6. OPTIONAL: Fabric Cap (beanie, ski cap, etc.)
1. Neutral Henna Kit
2. Filtered Water, 2 cups
Mixing & Application
1.. Put Neutral Henna powder into a mixing bowl. Stir in filtered water a little at a time while
mixing, until it is the consistency of yogurt. The mixture should not drip from the spoon but
should still be easily spreadable. You may not need 2 cups of water to achieve this.
2. Do not let sit. Apply immediately to your hair after mixing. Section your hair, put a towel
around your shoulders. Using gloved hands, apply henna to clean, dry hair. (It can be
applied to towel-dried hair but not wet).
For visual reference, please see our video guide on applying henna:
3. Wrap hair with plastic wrap or put on a shower cap. Optionally, put on a fabric cap over the
plastic to trap body heat. The key is to keep the paste moist and warm.
4. Leave in your hair for only 1 hour. Do not leave it in overnight.
5. Unwrap your hair and rinse with water only. Use a drain catcher to prevent possible
clogging. Use Pearl Essence Creme Rinse or a few drops of Euro Oil to aid in the henna
rinsing process. The Morrocco Method Scalp Massager helps in removing the henna.
6. For optimal results, repeat monthly.