Light Blonde Henna is the ideal for creating a natural sun streaking effect. This natural hair color contains chamomile and marigold flower to naturally bring out highlights and blend greying roots. Please note: Henna will not lighten naturally dark hair, but can bring out any natural highlights.
Morrocco Method Henna is 100% chemical free and contains no harsh metals, parabens, or toxins that irritate the hair and scalp. No matter the color of henna, it is deeply nourishing, conditioning, and the perfect alternative to harsh chemical hair dyes. Please note that this can have a slight drying effect on hair that is already prone to drying or greys.
How to Mix & Apply Light Blonde Henna
1. Mixing Bowls (wooden or glass preferable).
2. Mixing Spoon (wooden preferable)
3. Measuring Spoon/Cup
4. Gloves (vinyl/rubber)
5. Plastic Wrap -OR- Plastic Shower Cap
6. OPTIONAL: Fabric Cap (beanie, ski cap, etc.)
1. Blonde Henna Kit (1 bag Blonde Henna powder, 1 bag Blonde Tea)
2. Filtered Water, 3 cups
3. Lemon juice, 2-8 tablespoons
4. OPTIONAL: Euro Oil, 1-3 tsp
Mixing & Application
1. Boil water and add Blonde Tea. Let steep for 15-30 minutes. Strain out flowers and let the
tea cool to room temperature.
2. Put Blonde Henna powder into a mixing bowl and mix in lemon juice. The more you use,
the better dye, but the more drying it can be for your hair.
3. Add the brewed Blonde Tea a little at a time while mixing, until it is the consistency of
yogurt. The mixture should not drip from the spoon but should still be easily spreadable.
4. Add Euro Oil to mixture, if using. Use more Euro Oil if you added a lot of lemon juice. Do
not use more than 3 teaspoons, as the oil can prevent the color from sticking.
5. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing to remove any excess air, and let sit 8-12 hours. If the
environment is cold and/or higher amounts of lemon juice were used, we suggest letting
it sit the full 12 hours.
6. Section your hair, put a towel around your shoulders, and apply Euro Oil to your hairline
and ears to prevent skin staining. Using gloved hands, apply henna to clean, dry hair. (It
can be applied to towel-dried hair but not wet). For visual reference, please see our
guide on applying henna: www.morroccomethod.com/henna
7. Wrap hair with plastic wrap or put on a shower cap. Optionally, put on a fabric cap over
the plastic to trap body heat. The key is to keep the paste moist and warm.
8. Leave mixture in hair for 1-4 hours. The longer it is left; the more dye will saturate into
your hair. Do not leave it in overnight.
9. Unwrap your hair and rinse with water only. Use a drain catcher to prevent possible
clogging. You can use Pearl Essence Crème Rinse or a few drops of Euro Oil to aid in the
henna rinsing process, especially if you used a lot of lemon juice.
10. The Morrocco Method Scalp Massager may also help in removing the henna. Do not
shampoo your hair until 24 hours after the henna treatment. The full color will appear
after 72 hours. This color will last 6-8 weeks.
Important Note About Chemical Dyes
Our Light Blonde Henna Hair Color is 100% pure plant dye. There are no chemicals, metallic salts,
or PPD. Our henna hair color is the safest form of hair dye you can use, and it even has healthy
benefits for your hair. You can safely use henna on previously chemically dyed hair, but we suggest
waiting 6-8 weeks after your last dye job to allow for detox.
But if choose to continue with chemical dyes after applying henna, you'll need to wait 6-8 weeks
until it fades. It won't "burn" your hair, which is a reaction to chemically-adulterated henna, but it
can give you unpredictable results. Plant dyes don't lift easily out of your hair, leaving the end color
unpredictable, and it fades faster because henna makes your hair less porous.
Going lighter cannot be done with a box dye, and the amount of developer you will need to lift the
henna (in Light Blonde, it is actually Cassia obovata) will damage your hair to the point where it
won't take dyes well. When dying your hair with henna and indigo, it will only lift the henna, and
not the indigo, giving you green hair. The amount of chemicals you need to remove indigo from
your hair will make your hair too damaged to hold any dye at all. You can, however, dye your hair
the same color or darker.