How to Start Growing Your Hair Back After Chemotherapy
Chemotherapy is undeniably hard on the body, but not just that, the lingering side effects can be hard on the mind as well, especially for individuals who have lost their hair due to undergoing chemo. The most important thing you can do post-chemo is take care of your body, mind, and spirit.
Your hair will recover on its own over time, but taking care of yourself physically, mentally, and spiritually can accelerate the process. If you've done much reading on our site, you know about the power of five and how it shows up in our lives. In this instance, we encourage you to lean on the five pillars of health and wellness in addition to cleaning up your hair care routine.
- Stop all hair coloring, including bleach or dyeing, and any other procedures involving synthetic ingredients. Stop using all other hair care products, and use only Morrocco Method's all-natural products for 30 days.
- Use Zen Detox. Start slow, but use a Zen Detox Hair and Scalp Masque once a week for the full 30 days when you are transitioning to Morrocco Method shampoos and conditioners.
- Alternate all 5 Morrocco Method shampoos and use MM conditioners only.
- Brushing - Proper brushing is essential for hair growth. If you're just starting on your regrowth journey and have short, fine, or even no hair, you may want to start with our Pure Boar Bristle brush, which is softer and will be more gentle on your scalp. Even if you don't have hair yet, start from the base of your skull and brush forward. This will encourage your sebaceous glands to get back to producing sebum, and brushing over your head will spread that across your scalp and to the new hair that's starting to grow in. The best moisturizer that exists is your own oils.
- Scalp massage - One of the most important things you can do to help regrow your hair is to practice scalp massage. Massaging your scalp helps to bring blood flow back to the hair follicles and encourages them to start producing new growth.
Anthony's recommended reading/viewing outside of Morrocco Method:
- Check out Dr. Andrew Weil on Eating and Exercise and see what practices you can apply to your life to improve your overall health and wellness. Anthony particularly recommends learning about Dr. Weil's different breathing techniques.
- Check out Wim Hof AKA The Iceman to learn about how introducing cold showers into your routine can improve your overall health and wellness.
As with any sort of diet or lifestyle change, consult with your physician before making any changes to your lifestyle or routine. Morrocco Method can not offer medical advice.