The Natural Pet Diet for Healthy Animals
If we are what we eat, should our animals be on a natural pet diet, too?
Commercial Pet foods:
- Were designed as a way to use leftover, processed materials, not for a pet’s health
- Contain artificial coloring, flavoring and preservatives for a long shelf-life
- Are made with high amounts of grain that are not truly typical or healthy for a pet’s diet
- Can contain animal by-products (the unusable “parts” of other animals like hooves and ears)
A: A natural pet diet is healthy! Raw meats, fish and veggies from the local farmer’s market are best for your pet. Local farmer’s markets have it all. The more we support local, the better!
- Healthier skin and shinier coats
- Higher energy levels
- Stronger immune systems and digestive systems
- Naturally clean teeth and gums
- Increased physical activity and healthy weight maintenance
We recently found an amazingly comprehsnive guide for one specific fuzzy friend. If your companion is a canine, we invite you to visit our friends at FuzzyRescue.org. There, they have spent an enormous amount of time researching and curated a list of foods dogs cannot eat. We were impressed by how thorough their information is and invite you to check it out here.
If pet owners lead longer and happier lives, we should want our animals to have long and happy lives, too. Discover what a natural pet diet can do for your animal’s health!