5 Ways to Prevent Hair Breakage + Safe Hair Accessory Review!
1. Brush with Boar BristlesThese gentle bristles don’t tug and tear out your hair. It also moves sebaceous oil through the hair, keeping your hair from drying out. Don’t worry about brushing 100 strokes, since over brushing will cause breakage as well. Get your MM Boar Bristle Brush.
2. Skip the HeatDitch the straighteners and hot curlers. They may give your hair temporary beauty, but you are damaging it in the long run. Also switch to the cool setting on your hair dryer. Excess heat causes the moisture in your hair to evaporate, making it dry, brittle and prone to breakage.
3. Get a Satin/Silk Pillow or BonnetYou can damage your hair while you sleep! Your hair is stuck between the weight of your head and the pillow. Tossing and turning causes friction which can lead to breakage. The best way to avoid this is getting a satin or silk pillowcase. You could also get a satin or silk hair bonnet to sleep in.
4. Ditch the ChemicalsIf you’re here, you already know this! Harsh cleansers, chemical relaxers, hair dyes and more can damage your hair. The less you chemically alter your hair, the better. Need to color your hair? Try henna, which will help with hair breakage!
5. Use Non-Damaging Hair Accessories
Clips, sticks, bands, barrettes, nets, head wraps, headbands, scrunchies, ribbons, bows … they aren’t all created equal. Some can rip your hair and cause unwanted tangling.
We had the opportunity to try out a unique hair accessory called the Flexi-Clip by Lilla Rose! Rachel Kirsch, a devout MM user, brought it to our attention as a safe, gentle, and beautiful alternative to elastic bands and other harmful hair accessories.
“Our hair accessories would fit right in with the philosophy of Morrocco Method. Lilla Rose hair accessories are extremely gentle on the scalp and hair, unlike many hair ties and clips that pull and cause breakage and headaches.” – Rachel
So Katie and Katelyn from Team MM gave them a try. And they loved them!