Hair Growth Oils & Herbs
Hundreds of years ago, humans didn’t have all of the options that we do today and they surely didn’t have all the chemicals. Though they lacked the options we have today, their hair care routines worked at keeping hair healthy, long and strong.
What was it? What tricks and secrets did the ancient people use to have such healthy hair? They didn’t use chemicals, but they did use minerals, herbs, and oil for hair growth.
Herbs & Oil for Hair Growth:
1. SandalwoodAntiseptic and soothing, this herb is excellent for circulation of the scalp to encourage hair growth. Morrocco Method uses this ingredient in the Sapphire Volumizer Mist Conditioner, Diamond Crystal Mist Conditioner, and Pine Shale Shampoo.
2. Olive OilRich in antioxidants, this common oil is great for deep conditioning the hair. Adding softness, manageability, shine, and dandruff control, this is the perfect hair growth oil for deep conditioning in the colder winter months. Morrocco Method uses this ingredient in the Euro Natural Oil, Floating Lotus Conditioner, Heavenly Essence Shampoo, and Pearl Creme Rinse.
3. Neem OilThis oil for hair growth helps to soothe irritated skin and fight bacterial infections while helping to retain moisture and combat dry hair. Morrocco Method uses this ingredient in the Euro Natural Oil.
4. Avocado Oil
This oil for hair growth is phenomenal for moisturizing dry, brittle, and damaged hair with a light weight formula that is easily absorbed into the hair and scalp. It contains many nutrients such as vitamins A, B, D, E, protein, amino acids, iron, copper, magnesium, and folic acid making this oil for hair growth the ultimate. Morrocco Method uses this ingredient in the Euro Natural Oil and Pearl Creme Rinse.
5. Jojoba OilWith a molecular structure similar to sebum (the natural oil our scalp produces), this hair growth oil is lightweight and readily accepted by the scalp without damaging its natural balance. Removes build up on the scalp. Morrocco Method uses this ingredient in the Euro Natural Oil and Pearl Creme Rinse.
6. MyrrhAnti-Microbial, this herb is best paired with Sandalwood for cleansing as it helps reduce hair fall, and increases scalp circulation to retain hair and stimulate the scalp. Morrocco Method uses this ingredient in the Euro Natural Oil, and Diamond Crystal Mist Conditioner.
7. Green TeaThis powerful anti-oxidant has been found by researchers to stop the production of the molecule Tumor Necrosis Factor which has been linked to hair loss. It also contains Vitamin E and C which are important parts in restoring the hair and scalp. Morrocco Method uses this ingredient in the Floating Lotus Conditioner, Pearl Creme Rinse, Earth Essence Shampoo, Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo, Pine Shale Shampoo, Sea Essence Shampoo, 24/7 Styling Dragon Pomade, and Curl Power–Define, Elongate, Detangle.
8. Apple Cider VinegarThis wonder ingredient detoxifies and restores the hair and scalp while helping to prevent hair fall and increasing circulation to scalp. Morrocco Method uses this ingredient in All MM Shampoos and All MM Conditioners, as well as the Feng Shea Facial Scrub. We love this stuff!
9. Shea ButterThis ingredient absorbs quickly into the hair follicle and will help to add shine and luster to your hair. With anti-inflammatory properties this is a perfect ingredient for soothing irritation, retaining moisture in hair, and preventing breakage. Morrocco Method uses this ingredient in the Pearl Creme Rinse, Heavenly Essence Shampoo, 24/7 Styling Dragon Pomade, Feng Shea Facial Scrub, and Curl Power–Define, Elongate, Detangle.
Again, make sure to read your ingredients list–if you don’t know what an ingredient is… or better yet: if you can’t pronounce it, then don’t buy the product! Also make sure they are displaying the WHOLE ingredient list, not just the story ingredients. For more information on how to grow hair like the ancients (yes, we mean natural and chemical/synthetic free), check out our informational articles on the MM website and be sure you learn about the Lunar Chart for Hair Cutting, it’s the secret to obtaining the head of hair you’ve always wanted.