5 Ways to Protect Your Hair For Cold Weather
In this article I will share the 5 essential ways to protect your hair for cold weather. Let’s start by talking about essential fatty acids, both inside and out.
1. Essential Fatty AcidsWe want to make that sure we are taking in and absorbing healthy fats. We can get these in foods like purslane, a mineral rich plant food high in Omega 3’s. We might also want to incorporate fresh coconut cream, avocado or olive oil into our lifestyle. Make sure your nuts and seeds are not rancid as most nuts in bulk bins at stores are oxidized and very likely rancid. If they have been cooked in any way, they are no longer a quality source of fats to nourish the hair. Another choice might be cultured grass fed butter.
Next, we want to nourish the outside of our bodies with essential fatty acids. We can do this with Euro Oil, an incredible blend of plant oils to saturate the scalp and hair strands. This really ensures the hair stays protected in cold, windy weather. If the hair is dry and brittle then it is more likely to thin and split. To combat dryness, be intentional about using the Euro Oil for a thicker, longer, healthier head of hair!
2. Massaging the scalpMassaging the scalp helps bring life and vigor to our hair. In cold months, scalp circulation may not be as good as it could be. We want to ensure circulation to the head to ensure healthy growth and natural oil production. We can massage the scalp with our Morrocco Method Scalp Massager around 2 or 3 times a day. This, coupled with rebounding, yoga and physical movement, will enliven our circulation. This allows us to flow with Winter’s Elemental shifts.
3. Brushing the hair properlyWhen we brush our hair with a natural boar bristle brush, starting from the nape of the neck, we spread the oils being produced in this region to the tips of our hair. This ensures we keep our hair hydrated in dry/cool/windy conditions. Learn how to properly brush the hair and make it a daily sacred ritual.
4. Deep ConditionStart a weekly or monthly deep conditioning ritual to maintain moisture and radiance in the winter months. Use Euro Oil or even leave in the Floating Lotus Conditioner for an extended period of time before rinsing out to achieve a deep treatment. The Euro Oil works great for over night application. Simply saturate hair and scalp well and cover pillow case with something to protect it. Rinse out in the morning with your favorite MM Shampoo and enjoy hydrated locks!
5. Cover your hairIf the weather is dry, windy or very cold, you will want to protect the hair while out in the elements. Find a beautiful silk scarf to neatly and fashionably wrap your hair in. For males, enjoy your favorite natural fiber, loose fitting hat to cover your scalp and locks.
Thanks for reading this article! For more info on cellular cleansing stop by the Sacred Backyard: dodhisattva.com