5 Tips to Ease Your Detox
Imagine this. . .You’re new to Morrocco Method. You have your products, and you can’t wait to see the fabulous results that you’ve heard so much about. You use the products once, twice or several times, and then. . .
Your hair feels oily, waxy, clumpy or even overly dry.
What’s going on?You’re detoxing! Detox can get you down, but it’s also a healthy, natural process and a good indicator that your hair is headed in the right direction. When you switch to 100% natural products, your hair and scalp need to rid themselves of chemical build-up and toxins. It doesn’t happen to everyone, but trust us, we know that it’s not fun when it does.
It’s worth it though, and we’ve got some tips to ease your detox:
1. Shampoo properlyFollow our tips for shampooing with Morrocco Method, keeping in mind that an MM routine may look different than your previous one. Rotate shampoos and be sure to dilute them with water. It may take some trial and error to find out which products work best for you and how often you should use them for your hair type. You may end up shampooing every other day or much less frequently.
*Bonus tip: If you’re struggling with dryness, rotate the Earth Essence Shampoo out or use it less frequently. If your hair is extremely oily, do this with the Sea Essence.
2. Condition with careMM’s Zen Detox is a great place to start! It will help the detox process along and feels great. Using the Zen Detox weekly for at least three consecutive weeks will give you a a detox process that’s, well, more zen! Be mindful of how you use other MM conditioners too. You may find that for products with heavy conditioning qualities, like the Pearl Essence Creme Rinse, treating the ends of your hair but not the roots works best.
3. BrushIf you’ve got oily roots and dry ends, you will benefit from brushing. Even if you don’t, brushing is extremely important for all hair types because it disperses oils evenly throughout the hair. Pick up a boar bristle brush and get brushing!
4. Look aroundSometimes a lengthy detox is due in part to factors outside of your hair care products. Installing a shower head water filter can help by improving the quality of the water you wash your hair with. Clean eating and exercise also ease the detox process and are important to your overall health.
5. And in a pinch. . .Need to be somewhere important? In a pinch, try our Volcanic Powder Dry Shampoo.
Here are a few more tips to help you through your detox:
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
- Eat wild or poultry and fish in moderation.
- Eat red meat only on occasion.
- Walk for about thirty minutes, three times a day.
- Do the simple breathing exercise described three times a day.
- Massage your scalp and use proper brushing techniques.
- Use ZEN DETOX each season for three consecutive weeks.
- Remember: Attitude is everything! Being positive and stress-free is also a major factor in detoxing negativity and aiding in the healing and health of your emotional life.